- A hilltop dome peaks in a highest point.
- A valley on the other hand “peaks” in a lowest point.
- ‘Gaussian Curvature: the Theorema Egregium’ (web page), ThatsMaths, 2018, thatsmaths.com/2018/12/27/gaussian-curvature-the-theorema-egregium (accessed May 14th, 2019)
- ‘How a 19th Century Math Genius Taught Us the Best Way to Hold a Pizza Slice’ (web page), Aatish Bhatia, Wired: Science, 2014, www.wired.com/2014/09/curvature-and-strength-empzeal (accessed May 14th, 2019)
- ‘Carl Friedrich Gauss’ (web page), Famous Scientists, 2016, www.famousscientists.org/carl-friedrich-gauss (accessed May 16th, 2019)