Natural constants & pi
What is the size of your dinner pizza? It’s a bit hard to measure a round area; can’t we instead measure something else on the pizza which can represent it’s size? Such as, say, the length across (diameter) or around (circumference)?
- ‘The first 10 digits of pi (π) are 3.1415926535’ (web page), Pi Day2, 2018, www.piday.org/million (accessed May 10th, 2019)
- ‘About The Pi Symbol’ (web page), Pi Day, 2018, www.piday.org/pi-symbol (accessed May 10th, 2019)
- ‘What does περιφέρεια (periféreia) mean in Greek?’ (dictionary), Word Hippo, www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the-meaning-of/greek-word-4e7e1d9b2cc3044715954d3388ba797188384848.html (accessed May 10th, 2019)
- ‘Q: How do we know that π never repeats? If we find enough digits, isn’t it possible that it will eventually start repeating?’ (web page), Ask a Mathematician / Ask a Physicist, 2013, www.askamathematician.com/2013/12/q-how-do-we-know-that-π-never-repeats-if-we-find-enough-digits-isnt-it-possible-that-it-will-eventually-start-repeating (accessed May 10th, 2019)
- ‘Emma Haruka Iwao smashes pi world record with Google help’ (article), Zoe Kleinman, BBC News, 2019, www.bbc.com/news/technology-47524760